Reading Notes: Aesop's Winters, Part A

Apparently, I mess up last week. Rather than doing Aesop's Jacobs Part A & B, I did Part A of Aesops, and then moved on to Adam and Eve, which I was supposed to do this week. No worries; I shall do more Aesops this week. And since I was very much not excited by Jacob's translation of Aesop's, I decided to take a look at Winters. I hope this was ok.

Success!

I really enjoyed Winters' versions of the fables. It included a little more detail, description, and maybe a little poetic license. I also thought the morals were better written and therefore more relatable.

I particularly enjoyed the Oxen and the Wheels. Even though animals don't talk and so it should not be too much of a stretch of the imagination to personify the wheels, it still through an extra layer of fun into the story. I can also relate strongly to the moral of "they complain most who suffer least" through my years in the workplace. I may try to retell this story with an office spin. :)

The Lion and the Ass brings to mind internet trolls and how they should always be ignored! "Do not rent the remarks of a fool. Ignore them."

"'Cause shade never made anybody less gay!"- Swift, Taylor (not Jonathan)
Swift, Taylor (not Jonathan). Source: Wikipedia Commons
Side note: Yes, I am old and I know I should not try to be cool. 

The Sheep and the Pig relates so much to the advice of acquaintances. So often casual acquaintances or coworkers are quick to give large amount of advice without contemplating the danger or risk created. There are so much real world examples of this. 

So, I feel like I can, hopefully, come up with a good retelling of one of Aesop's fables from Winters translation. Fingers Crossed. 

Bibliography: Aesop's Fables, Winter, the UNtextbook. Source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction

Week 10 Story: Raven Meets the Young Boy