Topic Research

So, after the feedback from Laura and others, I decided to take a closer look into the jaguars of the Olmec and the Maya. It was the wrong call.

It turns out that I am not a huge fan of the jaguar stories of the Mesoamerican peoples. I think I suggested it because I like jaguars, but the stories of transformations and, even worse, copulation between the species are just not as appealing to me. As this project promises to take up a great deal of my time over the course of the semester and will be the only creative endeavor (as the rest of my classes are IT related), I would like to choose a topic that appeals to me a little more than this one.

I plan to spend some time early this week exploring the ghost stories of the world. Hopefully, I will find better options. Nonetheless, please find the links to the sources that I read in order to come to this conclusion.

Clay jaguar from Monte Alban, provisionally dated from 200 BC to AD 600. Height: 56 cm (22 inches) Source: Wikipedia


Thank you, Laura, for the links to the animal fables of the Amazon including the jaguar. Diigo links.
I enjoyed these stories, but similar to Aesop's, I found them too story and straightforward to spark any of my own creativity.

Wikipedia also offered some basic information about the Olmec and the jaguar.

Ancient-Mythology.com and Thoughtco.com lead me to believe that not enough it known about the Olmec deities and belief structures for me to readily find the information I would need for this paper.

So... on the ghosts for me!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction

Week 10 Story: Raven Meets the Young Boy