Reading Notes: Alaskan, Part A: Week 10

I love the Raven.


I love how peaceful and helpful the Eskimo creator is. He shapes animals and landscape and always looks back to see if it pleased the man.

I'm not real thrilled with the man who cursed the mosquitos to "eat man" over some measly deer fat! I feel like my story might center on that guy and his uberselfishness!

I did notice men grew from pods and women needed to be shaped. I suppose it beats having a women eat the forbidden apple and curse all of mankind, but it still strikes me as odd. Although it also seems to indicate that woman was shaped specific to compliment men. Perhaps it is a celebration of the symmetry of man/woman. Perfect compliments. Just random thoughts. I think that would be a controversial story if I try to retell it. I might stick with the animals and the stupid mosquitos.

Really happy that Raven made the bear specifically to keep Man from getting too cocky!

More thoughts later.
Kodiak Bear. Source: Public Domain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction

Week 10 Story: Raven Meets the Young Boy