Week 12: Reading Notes, Celtic Fairy Tales

I love the Celts!
I'm really enjoying these myths especially The Tale of Ivan and Andrew Coffey!
These stories are fantastic if you read them aloud with a lil hint of an accent. So fun.

Thinking of what I would like to write this week, I would LOVE to try to mimic the way the prose flows and the slightly reversed turn of phrase, but I don't know if I'm up to the challenge!

I think I will try to find something that mimic the fantastic nature of Andrew Coffey (with the silly twists and turns) with the style and plot line similar to The Tale of Ivan. This is a big task. I will need some time to brainstorm pieces of advice and plot twists.

It's tough not to smile when you're reading these stories. Maybe it's just the voice in my head and the memories of Darby o' Gill and the Little People. Perhaps, it's a little culturally insensitive, but I mean no harm!

Rainbow Leprechaun. Source: Wikipedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction

Week 10 Story: Raven Meets the Young Boy