Week 13: Reading Notes, British - Fairie Queen, Part A

This week I am reading a translated version of Edmund Spenser's Fairie Queen. The version in the Untextbook is translated from the original poetry into a modern plain English version. I have to admit that from what I remember, I much preferred the poem for it's beauty,  but that it took considerably longer to read! So this version is nice if you just want to read the story. The story itself is one of great adventure and it very fun!

I believe for my writing assignment tonight, I will tell of the adventures of Britomart and the unnamed knight from the perspective of the knight she rescues from his six attackers.It could be fun to "see" the Lady of Delight flirt with Britomart in disguise from his perspective.

I hope I am up to the challenge and am very grateful that I will not be expected to do so in poetic form!

Britomart viewing Artegall through Merlin's magic mirror. Source: Wikipedia Commons.
Story Source: The UNtextbook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction

Week 10 Story: Raven Meets the Young Boy